Love Hate Story

Hey you!

We all have this love hate relationship with our body. Somedays we are ok with the way we look and some days we want to change possibly everything that pops in our head.

Well I have always been that kind. I have been through ups and downs of loving myself and also at complete disregard to my body. But overtime, I have come to not care about what others think about it. And that, in my opinion is the most valuable lesson I have learnt!

“If you keep eating like this, you might not even fit into that door..just kidding” to “Oh you might just fly off if there is strong wing.” ah, yes, I have heard them both. Don’t believe it?

fullsizeoutput_5bf

Me in 2011

fullsizeoutput_5c0

In 2015

fullsizeoutput_5c1

In 2016

You see how my body has changed over time? Well it includes loads and loads of things. State of mind, people, lifestyle, food..and many more!

And this is me from my latest shoot, May 2017

IMG_2378

IMG_2381

IMG_2383

Well clearly, I have changed, may be a little for some of you or maybe a lot for others. But, I have been completely unapologetic about the change you see here.

When I wanted to work on my body, I did and I got awesome results and when I stuffed myself with all the beer and fried food, my body spoke back to me. So who is to complain?

I enjoyed being both. Well there goes a saying right, if you want to look like a queen, feel like a damn queen? Well, that is true. It doesn’t matter how you look for others, it only matters how you see yourselves.

But that doesn’t mean you get into unhealthy lifestyle. Take care of your body like nothing else cause it speaks to you. Listen to what it says and you will be happy with it. Don’t starve. Don’t over do weights. Don’t even think of quitting butter chicken or awesome aloo parathas. But just do it right and burn it out and the days you feel like being a couch potato, be one.

All I am trying to say here in case you are still wondering is, accept your body and fall in love with it each time it changes. Easier said than done.

And if you don’t like the change, work it to change it! Damn right! 😉

Until next time,

Bubbles and Kisses.

P.S: I deleted most pics of me when I hated me being me in them (at that time). Now, I realise what a fool I was. Lost memories along with those photos as well. Sigh.

19 comments on “Love Hate Story”

1. Anusha says:

I feel you Sumedha! I know that feeling! You won’t believe this but all my life I was a super skinny all my life. I was called a hanger. And look at me now. Even though I flew to the other side of weight, I am more confident and matured with life. That’s what has kept me going! Great post. 🤗

1. The Soap Bubbles says:

Exacted. I see people giving wrong diet advice and teenagers getting influenced which isn’t healthy at all. So wanted put my thought out there.

2. Pavithra says:

You go girl! You are so right, self love comes first. However or whatever we are

1. The Soap Bubbles says:

Exactly! ☺️

I hope poeple get it.

3. Aditya Mandre says:

“If you want to look like a Queen, feel like a damn Queen!”, you go gurl.! Great article.. More power to you, Sumi. You’re a rockstar :*

1. The Soap Bubbles says:

Haha!! Thanks a lot adi! Means so much! ❤️❤️

4. I totally feel you, I literally went through the same thing. as my weight yo yos so does my self esteem it feels like. I really had to make a conscious decision to stop myself from being so obsessed with my weight and start working on fitness instead.

1. The Soap Bubbles says:

Exactly. And it takes lot of strength to ignore comments and focus on the action. Kudos to you! ❤️

5. I completely relate to this! I think accepting yourselves is the most difficult task, but we gotta do it

1. The Soap Bubbles says:

And it’s always worth trying 🙂

6. Krupa says:

I have been complaining about the same thing for a while now. The weight gain over the past 6 months has been more than ever and it honestly bugs me. But I know I am to blame for not taking care of myself.
    However I am trying to come to terms with it. It is a long process.

1. The Soap Bubbles says:

Yes. It’s a journey I guess all of us go through at some point in time. And we shouldn’t bog down to the pressure of looking how we were at certain age.

7. Bhoomika gupta says:

I completely understand what you’re saying. Over the past 2 years, I’ve kept gaining weight, I look at my old pictures and get upset.

8. Pragati says:

I totally feel you, for example I’ve been skinny all my life and I too have insecurities. Being fat or thin, the logic behind loving one’s body is the same. Give it good food and exercise and that’s all that matters
    . As you said never compromise on eating what you like because that keeps your mental health in good shape! ☺️

1. The Soap Bubbles says:

Thank you so much for relating to this and leaving a comment. It feels really good for someone of totally different body type gets what I am trying to say!
      Loads of love! ❤️❤️

9. Arif says:

Great post its beautiful 🙂

1. The Soap Bubbles says:

10. This is great post! I feel that way too. Although people don’t realise how hard I work to maintain my weight and keep passing stupid comments like “arey why do you need to go to the gym, you’re already thin”, everyone has their own insecurities about themselves.

1. The Soap Bubbles says:

Exactly.. people have such preconceived notions it is difficult to shun them away. Hope it changes overtime..